Tuesday, January 08, 2008

time to be on my own

well i knew the time would come but i've fought back reality for weeks now, my parents are going home. at the end of this week it will be five months since i bought my very first house determined to live in it alone but i hate it. but for three of these months my parents have been with me here during the birth of brendan and now through the holidays but the hours are now limited. i take them to the airport tomorrow morning and most likely won't see them again until the end of april. i know that this doesn't seem like that long for most people but it's an eternity to me.

i'm finding solace in the fact that they've gotten pre-approved for a mortgage here in michigan and even found a house they like in coopersville but until everything is said and done they will still live down south.

my question is, is my faith still real if i question god why they aren't moving here now? is it okay to question god? is faith rooted more in the faith that you continue to go to god even when it hurts and you don't feel full?

update: if questioning god is okay , is it okay to be mad at him?

3 comments:

Phil said...

i sure hope it's ok to question God at times. Otherwise I'm in deep crap.

jlyn said...

what about getting mad at god?

Anonymous said...

I dont know about being mad at God, but things in your life can go wrong. When they go wrong, we instinctively point to The All-Knowing in having a hand in our misfortunes. He will not place on us more than can handle, hence, it could be worse. Yes, they are far away, but at least they have their health.