Friday, October 07, 2005

my luck sucks...

so i really had thought about flying standby earlier today since i'm so ready to get home. but, the convention was going great so i stayed as late as possible. i left for the airport it took me just over an hour (which is great timing considering the traffic and rain). then i couldn't get checked in quickly, didn't think i would get through security (seriously i should know by now not to wear metal and that the tsa likes to search me) instead i wore metal like a mad woman. finally made it to my gate and had less than a half an hour before boarding.

until...

they came across the overhead and said my flight was going to be delayed. they were a bit vague and said it could be an hour or two late. normally this wouldn't frustrate me soo much but for the love of god why can't i just get on a plane and go home?

why...

2 comments:

mindi said...

it's not you...it's the atlanta airport! i nearly got stranded there on thanksgiving day after the convention there last november. fortunately, i found a gate agent who took pity on me as i stood there about in tears. she managed to get different flights that had me home in time for turkey.

hang in there...i hope you make it home safely--and SOON!

'neice said...

I am so glad I got to meet you at NYWC! Hope you have a blast at the rest of the conventions! I so wish I was going to be there as well!