Friday, September 30, 2005

general session #1

mark yaconelli is leading the first general session for this years NYWC. it is my first time to meet him and to see him live. he is his fathers son. he started talking about affirmation.

mark started by telling us that we just need to see the kids. i think back onto all of the girls i've been with in the last 10 years and didn't see and it is a bit surreal. but, then he said that if we just take time to see the kid how amazing it can be to watch the compassion come out of us. i believe in this and that the mere concept can transcend cultures. so the way i see it is once i figure out what breaks me and i mean really breaks me i can start to really see people again. i've often been moved by whatever was driving my passion at that moment but not by what breaks me. if i can figure that part out the seeing and compassion will follow.

No comments: